The Shelter is located at a corner of the capital town 'Port Blair' touching the sea. The Shelter overlooks the scenic beauty of Chatham Saw Mill on the left, Mount Harriet Mountains at the centre and North Bay or Coral Island on the right. Also you get a glimpse of tip of Ross Island.
The sea in front of The Shelter, Port Blair, Andaman Islands, is busy with frequent boats and ships going to and coming from various islands like Neil Island, Havelock Island, Ross Island, Viper Island, North Bay Island and Chennai, Kolkata and Vishakhapatanam.
The famous tourist spots nearby are (we have not used a gauge to measure the distances):
- Cellular Jail, Light and Sound Show (600 meters)
- Water Sports Complex (500 meters)
- Jetty to Ross Island, Viper Island and North Bay Island or Coral Island (500 meters)
- Marina Park, Marina Beach (600 meters)
- Marine Museum (600 meters)
- Clock Tower or Ghanta Ghar and Market Area (700 meters)
- Phoenix Bay Jetty to Neil Island, Havelock Island (2000 meters)
- Airport (3500 meter)